24/09/2013

theBalm Frat Boy Blush Review




When buying the Mary Lou Manizer highlighting powder, which you can read me raving about here, I also added the Frat Boy blush to my basket. I read a Temptalia review which gave it a really high "glossover" (her rating system, if you didn't know) so thought why not. I like blush. The more the merrier.

First impressions of the product was that I like the packaging. It's super thin and is made of a thick cardboard making it fairly lightweight and easy to transport around.

I couldn't actually find any "official" description by theBalm of this colour so I'll give you my own: it's a muted coral/light pink with a satin finish. There isn't any glitter or shimmer specs in the actual pan yet when you apply it to the checks, it does reflect nicely in the sun. The colour does appear much lighter when you apply it - it's more pink toned rather than coral. But you can layer it up to create that intense coral shade which you see in the pan. 

The blush has a really nice consistency - it's easy to blend and, like I said, can be layered for different intensities. It's also surprisingly pigmented for a light shade. The swatch below was just one swipe.



I am really impressed with this blush. As the pigmented is so good, I do think this blush is one of those that can suit practically all skin tones from fair to dark. On lighter skin tones, a light sweep of the product can create a light, doll pink colour whilst on more tan to darker skin tones, a more intense build up of colour can create a lovely coral shade that is still visible yet natural looking. It do think it is worth the £16 and it has definitely, along with the highlighter, got me interested in theBalm products. It's annoying you can only get it online, though!