23/09/2013

New Beauty and Skincare Purchases

As I've just started college, I've been spending most of my money on new clothes. I've just realised how easier it was in high school when we had to wear a set uniform everyday. Deciding what to wear each morning has proven to be a struggle! Nevertheless, I still treat myself to some new beauty products now and then - mostly when I run out of things, though. I went to Boots the other day and picked up three new things and a repurchase.

L'Oreal Lumi Magique light infusing foundation
Now that the weather is becoming increasingly colder, I've been looking for the perfect dewy finish foundation. I thought I'd start my search with the "sister" of my favourite ever foundation L'Oreal True Match. It's meant to provide flawless coverage whilst still looking fresh and skin-like.

Collection Cream Puffs in "cotton candy" and "powder puff"
These just looked too pretty to pass up. I love the NYX soft matte lip creams but you can't get them in stores here, and these looked fairly similar. I picked up a light nude and a gorgeous rose shade. Apparently they smell like sugar frosting so I'm excited to try these out.

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch concealer
This is my repurchase of the four - I love using this over my under eye concealer. It just brightens the area up without making it look cakey. It's definitely worth the money.


I also picked up two new skincare bits. Both are repurchases, and both I use on a daily basis.

REN Clearcalm3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser
My favourite cleanser ever! It removes all traces of makeup, freshens up the skin, moisturises, deep cleans and just is a wonderful product. It's targeted at blemish prone skin but I think this will work for anyone, regardless of skin type. On average, it lasts me around five months which, for £18, isn't bad.

L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution
I've repurchased this five times now - it's getting a bit ridiculous. Thank goodness it isn't expensive otherwise I'd be in trouble. I use this to remove all makeup - eyes and face - before going in with my cleanser. It's refreshing, lightweight and does what it says on the bottle. You can't go wrong, really...