27/08/2013

The Best Fitness/Workout Clothes and Shoes

With any fitness activity or form of exercise you're main priorities include feeling comfortable, secure, cool (as in temperature!) and perhaps for some, looking good. Obviously it depends on what type of exercise you are doing when deciding on what to wear - some require loose-fitting attire whilst others may need more fitted and tight clothing. I'm going to run (no pun intended) through my favourite, and what I think are the best, fitness/workout clothes and shoes that are out there.

Regardless of what I'm searching for, whether it be clothes or shoes or general equipment, the main brands I gravitate towards are Nike and Sweaty Betty.

Nike are my go-to for shoes. They offer a range of types of trainer to suit particular sports and activities.



My favourites for running which I love are the Nike Air Pegasus+ 30 iD (£115). As it's by the Nike ID range, you can customise the shoe depending on the surface you run on. It has two traction options for either the road or trail. They are really comfortable to wear and feel secure around the ankle especially which makes it easier to run. For no extra charge you can create your own design by changing the colours which is good.

I love also love the Nike Air Max Fusion (£75) for other training activities such as dance. It has thick cushioning and flexibility specifically designed for indoor traction workouts. You can move easily in these - it feels as though you aren't wearing a shoe. It's made out of mesh/synthetic upper area for comfort and breathability.

For gym workout shoes, I highly recommend the Nike Free TR III Printed (£85) ones. Not only do they come in super fun patterns they are amazing for training at the gym. The flexibility promotes natural movement for a more barefoot-like feel. The upper material is thin for more flexibility and natural movement without any restrains. They are definitely the most comfortable workout shoes I own, hands down.






Clothing is important depending on what activity you're doing. These are my general favourite items that can be used for a multitude of sports and activities especially the gym, running and dance which are my favourites.

I like wearing capris when running or to the gym and, the best ones I have found are the Nike Explore Running Capris (£45). They are the perfect length, stay put, easy to move in and feel super lightweight on. I even use these in the warmer months as they are super airy.

For tops I love the Sweaty Betty range - they are super flexible, come in so many styles and bright colours and are made of really good quality. The best thing about the store is that they have specially designed attire for various sports - running, training, dance, gym, cycling and many more and it's super easily to navigate around the site, especially if you don't have a store near you.

Pictured are my two must-haves. First is the Sweaty Betty Finalist Workout Tee (£34) which can be used for any sport. It's loose-fitted so perfect for dance yet also comfortable to wear for running in the heat and also at the gym. The length is perfect and it's super flattering. I have three of these in white, black and purple! Next is the Sweaty Betty Athlete Workout Vest (£29) - these are great basic workout vests. They are slim fitted and are much longer than regular vest. They aren't clingy which I love as some I've tried are. I love the colour range, especially the coral/orange shade pictured (it's called "supernova pink" if you're interested). They look great with black capris/shorts for any activity. These are slightly pricy for a simple vest yet are worth it as they keep you cool and refreshed-feeling.

Another favourite store of mine for workout gear is Lulu Lemon however there is only one store in the UK which is near Coventy! If you've just started getting into fitness, I hope I've covered the best starting pieces to get. Xoxo