28/08/2013

Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer in Nude Review





Before going away I ordered a couple things off the House of Fraser that I needed - brush cleanser, (another) Clinique moisturiser and also this which I clearly didn't need but wanted to try nonetheless.

I've never tried anything from them before but the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer impressed me. It's a lightweight, sheer coverage foundation that controls oil produce throughout the day whilst protecting and hydrating the skin. It can be layered for additional coverage without a cakey appearance. And I really like it!

I'm far too used to full coverage bases so switching it with a tinted moisturiser(!!!) is a big change. However as I was on holiday during July and August I needed a light base and I now thank the Gods at Laura Mercier for this beauty.

Yes it is a little pricey, but the smallest amount goes a long way making it thoroughly worth the splash. 

I have mine in the shade "nude" which had a slight yellow undertone, perfect for an NC15/20. Bare in mind the shades differ from the various versions (normal, oil free).

Overall, I'm really pleased with this product. It worked well during the summer months and stayed put all day (with a few touch ups, mind you) when I was in Las Vegas when the temperature went way over 110 degrees. I know. I do think this has become my new summer favourite base, sorry Garnier, even though summer is practically over.

Try a sample before buying as you may prefer the regular version as a pose to the oil free version. I think I'll try the most talked about foundation now it's getting a little cooler...