08/08/2013

Nivea Daily Essentials Beautifying Moisturiser BB Cream Review

After finding my new favourite BB cream in the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfection, I don't know why but I though I'd try another. The one I picked up is the Nivea 5 in 1 Beautifying Moisturiser in the shade light. Nivea are a well known skin/body care brand so I was excited to try it...

Well, the word "disappointed" is a huge understatement, I'm afraid.

I've learnt with past experience that BB creams tend to run on the darker side so going with the light shade was a good choice. It does appear dark but it does blend out so it can work for lighter skin tones. At the moment I'm an NC25 and it did work.

The consistency is really thick and feels uncomfortable to wear. The swatches below exemplify the thickness. It has quite a strong fragrance smell which, for me, is a little overpowering. Normally with BB creams the undertone is fairly neutral to fit both pink and yellow skin types, however with this one is leans more pink which, for me, is an issue. When swatched I couldn't notice it but when applied to my face it definitely doesn't match. Considering how thick the texture is, it didn't cover up anything nor even or correct. Coverage: poor. Additionally it looked a little muddy and very noticeable that I was wearing something despite the illuminating and moisturising claims.

Here's how it swatched. It does blend out well and you only need a little. It does look a little reflective  on my hand but the same finish didn't apply on the face.

Honestly, I wanted to remove it as soon as I put it on. It may work for some people but for me it was not good - I 100% prefer and recommend the Garnier Skin Perfector BB Cream instead. Xoxo