05/08/2013

July Beauty Favourites

Happy first of August! "July went so fast!"..."I can't believe it's August already!" 

It's safe to say the surprising British weather we've been having has shaped my monthly favourites as I've been trying my best to keep my clean clear and shine free! Here are my monthly picks.

L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar SolutionHands down the best makeup remover, for both face and eyes, I have found. It's really cheap, you can get it anywhere, is an amazing dupe for Bioderma, removes all traces of makeup and I mean everything and is really fresh and hydrating for the skin. It does run out pretty quickly though - pictured is my third bottle and I only discovered it not even a month ago. Damn.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Snow Pink: I've been using this mostly everyday either on it's on or layered on top of a lipstick (red, pink, coral, nude - they all work) and it's really lovely. It isn't sticky and lasts a decent amount of time! I also love their coral shade, Kiss Me Coral.

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream: This stuff is holy-grail material for me. It has been an absolute summer essential for me this month and hasn't let me down. Read my review for my thoughts as well as swatches etc. Basically, you need to try it.

Tarte Amazionian Clay Blush in Exposed: In the pan, it's pretty boring looking, but is so natural on the skin and just looks great. It's comparable to NARS Douceur blush. Unfortunately this isn't available in the UK so if you're next in the States, UAE etc definitely pick one of them up!

Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot: I didn't know whether to mention this or the Rimmel Stay Matte. To be honest, I've used the Rimmel one for longer yet thought Soap and Glory deserved a mention. If you want seriously looking matte skin, this is the item you need. It's super matte and is amazing at removing an oily appearance. You do need to be carefully when applying not to layer it up as it can go really cakey and noticeable.

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Papaya: I wore this non stop on my holiday and despite being in the pool and sea everyday, the colour didn't come off or chip which is super impressive. All of the gelly nail paints are equally as great and are priced well.

Thank you for reading! And have a great month. Xoxo

PS. I've been really bad at posting recently! Before, I used to post on average 12 a month. Some months I'm really on track yet others I just manage one or two! This month I'm gonna be away for 3 weeks meaning I don't really have that much time to take the pictures and write the posts. Even though I could schedule them I really like checking them as I go before publishing and updating if necessary. Plus, when I get back I have to get ready for the start of college which is a massive stress, plus I have to get my results from school as I'll be away when they are officially released. So bare with my in the next two-ish months, thank you! :)