30/06/2013

June Beauty Favourites (+ randoms!)

I actually can't believe we're more than half way through the year. Before we know it it's gonna be Christmas, then new years, then 2014! I'm going to Dubai next week (ahh!) so expect a couple travel-type posts in the upcoming week :) Anyway, here are my June favourites - as always, links are at the bottom of the post!!!



NARS Powder Foundation (Fiji), Model Co Ultra Shine Lipgloss (Strip Tease), Urban Decay Naked Basics, Maybelline Instant Anti-Age Concealer, Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner, Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara




NARS Powder Foundation in Fiji (£31.50)
I've been using this to set my makeup everyday. It gives extra coverage and mattifies the skin without it looking (too) cakey. I probably won't use this on warmer days  but for general everyday use, it's great and I can't be without it. 

Maybelline Instant Ant-Age Eraser
This is another face product I've been using everyday which is a concealer designed to hide fine lines and dark under eye circles. And it does. It gives pretty full coverage and you only need a little. I actually like the applicator as well, it seems to stay clean which I thought it wouldn't. The colour selection isn't amazing and they all have fairly strong yellow undertones, bare in mind.

Urban Decay Naked Basics (£20)
My go-to eyeshadow palette has been this one; in particular "Venus" a shimmery off-white colour and "Faint" a medium tone brown for warming up under the eye. It's perfect for traveling and only £20!

Rimmel Exaggerate (£5.52)
I've found a new fave eyeliner! This Rimmel one has a pretty fine tip but can create really thick lines if you put enough pressure on it. It lasts all day and doesn't smudge. 
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara (£11)
Also I've been in love with this mascara. When I first bought it I thought it was a bit un-neccesary to have, however I was wrong. This makes the bottom lashes look perfect, you can add layers to make it really thick and clumpy looking and it doesn't transfer whatsoever! You need this, guys.

Models Co Ultra Shine Lipgloss in Strip Tease (£12) 
This is the perfect pink/coral/shimmery lipgloss. It tastes and smells amazing and lasts a long time. Defo a summer must have.





Essie (Tart Deco), REN ClearCalm 3 Clarity Restoring Mask, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream, Marc Jacobs Daisy Rollerball Perfume

Essie Tart Deco (£7.99)
Coral nails look even better when you have a tan so I'm definately going to be wearing this in July and August as well. Two coats and it's super bright and pigmented and just lovely.

REN ClearCalm 3 Clarity Restoring Mask (£30)
For skincare I've been absolutely loving this mask. It cleans the skin and helps prevent future breakouts whice is great for me. I've been using it in conjunction with the REN ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleaner (not pictured) and have been loving the results. This combination seems to work really well in helping clearing up my skin for summer. 

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream (£8-£20) 
I apply this on any dry skin and it just works really well. Super inexpensive, lasts a long time and can be used for absolutely anything and anywhere!

Marc Jacobs Daisy (£45-£64)
Unfortunately I have it in a rollerball form but I don't think they're available in the UK so I can't link it for you. However there are many sized bottles. The scent is  just perfect and reminds me of those long summer days. Try it!

...and onto the random favourites!
  • I've been addicted to Game of Thrones! The fourth season just finished and I'm in the process of re-watching all seasons before the new one starts. It's really complicated at first but once you get into it, you can't stop watching. It's bad.
  • Canon 1100D! My dad bought me a new camera before I go on holiday so I can get used to taking loads of pictures. I think I'll continue to use my current camera for blogging however and keep my new one for photography. I'll probably change my mind though.
  • Who's been watching this series of Big Brother?! I can't stop watching it, I really hope the twins win, they're hilarious.
  • These shorts from H&M are just perfect for summer. They have such a wide range of patterns and colours and are all so easy to wear. My favourites are the khaki and white/black floral print ones.

So, yeah. They are my favourites! This post seems really long, probably the longest I've done in ages. Guess I'm just compensating for the lack of posts this July and August, I guess.

Have an amazing month of July, enjoy the weather, be safe! Xoxo

Products mentioned:
NARS Powder Foundation in Fiji, buy
Maybelline Instant Anti-Age Eraser, buy
Urban Decay Naked Basics, buy
Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner, buy
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara, buy
Models Co Lipgloss in Strip Tease, buy
Essie Tart Deco, buy
REN ClearCalm 3 Clarity Restoring Mask, buy
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream, buy
Marc Jacobs Daisy, buy