14/02/2013

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat







La Roche-Posay is a famous French skincare, known over here for the Effaclar Duo. The product has hundreds (literally) of reviews online so, even though I have it, it wouldn't make sense to review. In a nutshell, it's good. What I am going to review is the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat.

To put it simply, it is a sebum-controlling moisturiser. For those who don't know, sebum is the oily substance produced from sebaceous glands (which come from the tiny hair follicles found on our face). Too much sebum results in the sebaceous glands becoming enlarged, thus forming spots/acne. Due to the fact it reduces oils means it also mattifys the skin to help control shine.

It's targeted at people with oily skin prone to imperfections and shine, also those with sensitive skin and it is recommended to use morning and/or evening to the whole face.

What I think...

So far, I really like it. I've been using it for roughly two weeks and I definitely have noticed an improvement to my skin from using this product in conjunction with the Effaclar Duo. My skin appears much smoother and the shine which used to form on my t-zone has considerably been reduced.

Price: £12-15 depending on where, and when, you buy
Stockists: Boots, escentual.com, pharmacies

Definitely worth it.

Suzanna xoxo

PS. Happy february! <3