15/02/2013

Revlon Colorstay Foundation


Revlon Colorstay is one of those foundations near enough everyone knows about. It comes in two formulations: one for normal/dry skin and one for oily/combination skin, each with different shades of yellow or pink undertones making it easy to find the perfect match.

I have it in the shade "160 Sand Beige" in the oily/combination version. I have yellow undertones NC25 in MAC and Desert Beige in Double Wear, for reference.

Let's get all the claims out of the way. It says it helps to control shine all day giving flawless looking skin, feels lightweight, comfortable and weightless, looks fresh for up to 24 hours AND provides a medium to full coverage with SPF of 6.

The 24 hour test. The first I noticed about this foundation was the fact that, the longer I left it on, the more the colour oxidised (laymen's terms: gets orange). Due to the oils being produced throughout the day, the foundation also started to look extremely cakey, dry and thick making it uncomfortable to wear and certainly not weightless or lightweight.

However, who actually wears a foundation for that long?! No-one, I hope! For everyday wear, up to 10 hours, this foundation is incredible. The coverage remains the same (medium buildable), it doesn't oxidise, feels lightweight and looks flawless. I don't even have to powder throughout the day.

Even if you have normal or dry skin, I would recommend the oily/combination version as it oxidises way less than the normal/dry formula.

Overall, I love this product! The only thing that bugs me is there's no pump!

Price: £12.50
Stockists: Boots, superdrug, pharmacies, supermarkets

Suzanna xoxo