10/12/2012

Max Factor All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation





Apologies for the picture and the ever-so-slightly obvious foundation marks on the front. I use it a lot, okay?!

Max Factor's new foundation has been designed with a primer and concealer built in. The primer gives a smooth even base, the concealer corrects any flaws and the foundation gives a light finish - thus, in hindsight, creating the perfect beauty product. But is it worth it?

Quite simply, yes. The formula with SPF20 gives a medium to full coverage with a matte finish. The whole "primer" aspect of the product works well in my opinion as it stays on all day. I wore it for school (I applied it at 7.30) and it lasted the whole day before taking it off before bed. I've mentioned before that I have a habit of leaving makeup on for around 16 hours on a weekday. I guess one of my new years resolutions is to stop that.

I love everything about this product, except the colour range. Like most drugstore foundations, the colour selection is very limited with only six shades. I have the shade beige 55 which is the third darkest and I'm not exactly the tannest of people - therefore I can assume people with darker skin tones might find it difficult to find a match. Those with lighter skin tones on the other hand will find it much easier. Additionally, the foundation is very drying. I have combination skin and even I found it a little too much - using a setting spray helped greatly. Overall, this foundation would suit those with pale to tan skin who have combination/oily skin.

For £11.99 (plus it's always on various discounts/offers), it's totally worth it.

Suzanna xo