09/09/2012

Welda Wild Rose Smoothing Eye Cream

Don't you just hate it when you buy something either online or in store then, when you get home, you find out that you already own it? I ordered this product on a whim from Feel Unique and, when it arrived, it looked awfully familiar. That's because I had already owned it, used it up and forgot to repurchase. It's like fate (not really, but in a way) and I'm so glad I did.




Welda Wild Rose Smoothing Eye Cream, 10ml

The Welda Wild Rose Smoothing Eye Cream is a light cream that helps diminish puffiness and fine lines. It is a specially formulated cream that is fragrance-free and can be used during the day or at night to help soothe tired and strained eyes. It contains high quality cold-pressed wild rose seed oil, peach kernel oil and almond oil, which strengthens the skin's natural protective barrier and gives the skin extra nourishment, thanks to their essential fatty acids. Eventually, the skin is left hydrated, soft and supple. In addition, eyebright (euphrasia) plant extract has a soothing effect on the skin, and along with the extra of sedum, eases irritation around the eyes. (Source: http://www.weleda.co.uk/)

As I mentioned before, I have owned this product before and used it all up. The reason why I didn't immediately purchase? Well, the price of it slightly bugged me. It costs £14.95 yet only contains 10ml of product, if that. You can see in the last image above, it's tiny! Considering I use this in the morning and at night everyday, the product soon disappears and seems to expensive to keep repurchasing every month or two. Therefore, when the first tube ran out I didn't repurchase.

Now that I'm re-using it again, I can definitely see the difference it makes to my eye area.

I hardly get any sleep - I go to bed at about 1am and wake up at 6.30am. So this product is my life-saver, especially when I have school and want to look awake! I don't have any fine lines but I read that using eye creams at a young age prevents getting lines/wrinkles when I'm older. The cream doesn't have any fragrance to it which is particularly good for those with sensitive skin, like myself. It makes my eye area really soothed and I can definitely see a reduction in the amount of puffiness. Overall, this product is definitely worth the extra splash yet, unfortunately, I don't think it's that much of a necessity for me so I don't think I am going to repurchase.

Suzanna xoxo