12/09/2012

Redken Straight Power Tame 16

I recently bought a few new haircare bits (see here) and one of the items I picked up was the Redken Straight Power Tame 16 which is marketed as an "intense straightening balm for coarse hair." Feel Unique, on their website, says that it "slims down coarse hair and helps to tame frizz and transform unruly textures, sealing in lasting smoothness and shine." What I also loved about the claim was that it "helps protect from heat damage" which is perfect for me as I straighten my hair every day.




Redken Straight Power Tame 16, 5fl/oz / 250ml

This is probably a biased review as I have only used it once, yet I know for sure that this is my new holy grail hair product. It hands down beats my Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum by a long shot and here's why.

Despite the fact it's a thick lotion, it is really light weight and disappears into the hair without leaving it greasy or sticky. It tames frizz dramatically - I didn't even have to use hairspray. The smell of the product is really pleasant and, to me, smells like fruit salad. My hair felt so much smoother than if I didn't use this product and also added the perfect amount of shine. It says to "apply to damp hair and blow dry" and, when I read this, I was a bit sceptical. Products that I apply whilst my hair is damp never seem to work well. For instance, Moroccan Oil doesn't work for me when my hair is damp yet is a miracle when my hair is dry. This product did work though, which I was very happy about.

However, I can vision this product running out soon. This is because I use a decent amount of product due to my hair length. Yet, one good thing is that I only wash my hair every other day so I hope I can make it last.

What are your thoughts on this product? Have you tried it?

Suzanna xoxo