15/09/2012

NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder

NYC is a popular American drugstore brand that isn't really heard of in the UK, mainly because it isn't available. I've seen so many positive reviews from my favourite beauty bloggers and YouTubers that I decided I needed to try it. I'm going to the States next month yet I didn't want to wait that long so I perused on eBay and found it for £2.65 - bargain. Here is a link to the seller! 







NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder in Sunny

The NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder in Sunny is said to glide on easily for a sheer bronze glow that looks like "you have just stepped off the beach". It says it's easy to use everywhere and is perfect for quick touch-ups throughout the day.

Most of the people I saw review it and claimed it was amazing had fair skin (for example, Ingrid and Lisa on YouTube). Having pale skin myself, I thought it would work as well.

I'm still on the fence about this product. It has it's positives and it has it's negatives. The positives being that it is a true bronze colour - not those horrible, fake orange colours - which is good because of the inexpensive price tag. It also glides on easily and blends out really well and effortlessly which is nice when applying in a rush in the morning.

However, it's really hard to get it show up on the skin. I have to layer it up in order for it to be seen which is a shame. It's weird because all of the people I saw review it had the same colour skin as me, but I guess it also depends on the skin type. This morning, though, I put it on top of my NARS Laguna and it looked so nice, so I think it's about trial and error.

I don't regret buying it (£2.65 is nothing compared to the £28 I spent for my Laguna bronzer), yet I did hope it would work for me. Hopefully, when it gets colder and my skin becomes even more pale, it will show up!

Suzanna xoxo