27/08/2012

Review: Mario Badescu Silver Powder






Mario Badescu Silver Powder is designed to remove blackheads, clear stubborn clogged pores and to reduce excessive t-zone oil by using the special absorbent powder. To use: dip a damped cotton ball into the powder and press on nose, chin or other clogged areas. Leave for 10 minutes, then remove with a toner or astringent. Fairly simple process and claims to work wonders. But does it work?

I bought this along with the Control Cream (review here) and the Special Healing Powder in hope to clear up my skin. The control cream is perfect, the special healing powder wasn't anything special - I'll do a proper, in-depth review of that soon.

Therefore, I didn't know what to expect from the silver powder, but I was excited to try.

The first time I tried it I followed the instructions: damped cotton ball, press on areas and remove after ten minutes. I was impressed as it did remove most of the clogged up dirt in my pores, yet I felt like it could've removed more - especially on my forehead. It seems to remove the blackheads on the nose extremely easily. Second time I tried it I left it on for longer and put more product on the places that were more stubborn to get out - in my case, this was my forehead. It seemed to work much better.

Overall, this is a great product. I use it more than twice a week (despite being recommend once or twice only) and I also leave it on for much longer (again, even though it says for ten minutes). With a product like this, I think you just have to see what works best for your skin-type and what you want to get cleared up. For example, apply more product to those areas needed and perhaps leave on for an extra five minutes to ensure removal. If this doesn't work, try again and leave it on for a different length of time or apply less product. Either way, I do think it works well and I would definitely repurchase. It might take a while to empty the pot though! Note, the picture above was taken after four applications. Good, right?

Suzanna xoxo