31/08/2012

August beauty favourites

I never do favourite posts mainly because, 9 times out of 10, the products are generally the same. This month I have some new products and as always, I include non-beauty favourites too! I know it's cliché but this year has seriously whizzed past; I start my final year of school next week, my birthday is in a month and then we have Christmas in 115 days! Before we know it, it will be 2013. Anyway, let's get started.




Maybelline One by One Volum' Express Mascara, Urban Decay De-Slick, Nars Laguna, Clinique Airbrush Concealer, Ted Baker S'lip Liquid Lip Colour and imPRESS Nails

These are the products that I've used pretty much every day this month, especially when I was in Italy. I love trying new mascaras and I think I've found my new favourite in the Maybelline One by One Volum' Express. It doesn't clump, it nicely separates the lashes and gives a decent amount of length. I would say it gives that much volume, but layered with another mascara would do the trick. I opted for the non-waterproof, and it still stays on all day. The powder I've been using every day is the Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder - it's perfect. It doesn't leave a white cast, it keeps my skin matte all day, it comes with a puff for touch-ups (if needed) and the packaging is awesome. I love it so much I have even hit pan. At £20, it is decently priced yet I do think it's worth it. Another product I've hit pan on is the infamous Nars Laguna bronzer. I was sceptical about taking this abroad as I've heard all of the horror stories about it breaking but mine was perfectly fine. I love this bronzer, it works for all skin-types and is perfect for those with pale skin tones as it doesn't make you look muddy or orange. My favourite concealer this month has been the Clinique Airbrush Concealer as it's easy to apply, blend and is very natural looking. It also works as a good highlighter for the cheekbones. I've been loving the new Ted Baker Liquid Lip Colour in light rose. It's a shimmery blue-tone pink and is perfect. It lasts for a really long time and smells amazing, too. My final favourite are the imPRESS stick-on false nails. The first pair I bought was in "Starstruck" and I loved them so much I bought another pair (I can't seem to find the name of these, but they're leopard print). They last a long time, look great, are easy to apply as well as easy to take off. They are on the pricey side, but I do think they're worth it for those special occasions!

Now for the non-beauty favourites.

Nylon magazine, Union Jack sunnies, Contagion, sketching pencils and my iPhone

I'm a magazine hoarder. Each month I buy at least ten different monthly magazines - keeping in mind they are roughly £3-£4 each! But I just love them. Anyway, this month I found American magazine Nylon with the gorgeous Ashley Greene on the cover. It's such a good magazine, check it out. Even though the Olympic fiasco is over, I've still been wearing my Union Jack Sunglasses that my dad bought me on eBay. They're in the style of Ray-Bans which, he knows, I love. My favourite movie this month has been Contagion. Brief synopsis: a deadly disease infects civilisation and a team of doctors have to deal with the outbreak and conjure up a cure. It's f**king amazing. It stars famous actors like Matt Damon, Kate Winslet and Jude Law, so it's a definite must-see. I'm just annoyed that I didn't go and see it at the cinema! I've been getting much more into art recently - hence the representation by the two sketching pencils. My dad bought me a really lovely leather sketching book which I've been constantly drawing in. Then we have my iPhone, sneakily disguised by, what I think, is the best case in the whole world. It looks like a Nintendo Game Boy! I don't know what I would do without my phone - I listen to music, play games, surf the web, read e-mails, call, text, set reminders, take pictures and so much more. #TeamiPhone

No favourites post would be the same without a run-through of my favourite songs!

  • Little Talks - Of Monsters and Men
  • All I Want Is You - U2
  • Family Friend - The Vaccines
  • Some Nights - Fun
  • Baba O'Riley - The Who
  • Where I Belong - Building 427
  • Runaways - The Killers (best song ever, hands down)
YouTube them all, and then fall in love.


Suzanna xoxo