25/08/2012

Italian adventures

Considering I've never been to Italy before, and my mum has only ever been to Florence, we decided to go to the tourist city of Rome for a few days. Originally we weren't planning to go anywhere during the summer as we've already got a holiday booked for late October. Yet, we booked our flights/hotel to Rome a week before jetting off and I'm so glad we did. Here's a couple pictures:


Italian flag

Colosseum


Catholic church inside The Vatican City


Trevi Fountain

Visiting and going inside all of the landmarks was incredible! The weather was in the 100's and this made the days very long and tiring. We woke up extremely early, saw various sights and then came back to the hotel at mid-day. Then we would go out at about 5pm and stay out till midnight. It's so much easier to walk around at night - perhaps because of the climate change. Of course, we ate Italian food every night which was awesome. I ate pasta for dinner every night as I'm not a fan of pizza and every restaurant we went too was amazing! The holiday went really fast, unfortunately. Yet I was glad when we landed back in Heathrow to cold, windy weather despite the fact I was wearing shorts with no tights. I felt sorry for the Italians visiting London who didn't look prepared for the weather!

Hope your summer has been good. Back to school for me in a weeks' time :'(

Suzanna xoxo