04/08/2012

Review: Mario Badescu Control Cream



After a recent skincare "hype" I decided to buy a whole bunch of new skin care products. I've tried them all for about two weeks and am going to give my opinion on each product starting with the Mario Badescu Control Cream.

This was the product I had high hopes for - it boasts a high percentage of 98% on positive reviews - and wanted it desperately to work for me. My skin has been extremely red especially on my cheeks, perhaps because of the abrupt climate change in England or because it's 'one of those times'. Either way, I wanted to clear it up before I go on holiday. Beauty Bay, the online beauty supply store in which I purchased it from, says: "Mario Badescu Control Cream is an anti-redness cream that works best for red, rashy, flaky and irritated skin types, also for Rosacea sufferers." Reading the reviews it seemed that most users were Rosacea sufferers so I was interested to see if it would work to cure my redness. Long story short: it does. I've used it constantly for two weeks (in replace of my Clinique moisturiser) at night and have noticed an incredible difference. It seriously clams my skin, makes it less irritable and effectively reduces redness. It also worked super fast, perhaps because of the balsam peru which is an active, soothing botanical ingredient that makes a visible difference.

The only negative I have about this product is that it can be drying. My skin is fairly normal so it wasn't an issue for me, yet I would recommend using a moisturiser as well if you have dry skin.

Overall, this product is fantastic and I'll definably be repurchasing when its empty!

I also picked up the Silver Powder and the Special Healing Powder - reviews coming soon.

Suzanna xoxo

Ps. I hope you're all having an amazing summer! <3