26/07/2012

Review: Esteé Lauder Bronze Goddess Facial Sunscreen SPF 30




Everyone knows that we need to wear sunscreen in the summer to prevent sunburn, discolouration, redness and premature wrinkles. When shopping for sunscreen we look out for the all-important SPF number. The higher the number, the better - obviously. But we do know what SPF actually means? SPF (or sun protection factor) is the measurement of a sunscreen's ability to prevent UVB rays from damaging the skin. It's recommended to use a sunscreen with an SPF of over 15 to insure maximum protection from the sun.

Now the sunscreen I am going to be talking about today is a facial sunscreen by Esteé Lauder. When it comes to facial sunscreens I am much more picky about what I use. This is because my skin is extremely sensitive and prone to breakouts. As for body sunscreens I don't really care what I use - if you want to know, I use this Nivea one by mum buys. See, I don't even know what it's called! 

Esteé Lauder are one of my favourite brands, not just for make-up but for skincare too. Their facial sunscreen called Esteé Lauder Bronze Goddess is one product out of their extensive summer skincare line. I picked up the Sun Indulgence Lotion for Face which boasts a healthily SPF rating of 30. They say that "this super-luxurious lotion goes on silky-smooth and seduces skin with an instant heavenly radiance"and it definitely does. It's an extremely thick consistently which means you don't need to use much product and it dries instantly. It also doesn't leave that sticky feeling and is completely non-greasy. It also has a "light beachy sent" which, to me, smells like oatmeal. Nevertheless, it disappears instantly so I don't really care.

I purchased mine from Boots for £22 which, for a high-end skincare product, is pretty decent. Despite the fact you only get 1.7fl/50ml, you only need the tiniest bit in order to cover your face.

Overall, I absolutely love this sunscreen. It absorbs into the skin instantly, leaves the skin feeling soft and protects the skin from harmful UV for hours without having the need to reapply every ten minutes. In my opinion, sunscreen is definitely something worth investing in - especially if you have sensitive skin and need something that works best with your skin tone.

Have an amazing summer you guys.

Suzanna xoxo