20/06/2012

St Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Body Moisturiser in Medium/Dark















Two weeks ago I purchased the St Tropez Luminous Glow gift set from Feel Unique. I thought that £25.50 was a reasonable price for what you get: their infamous gradual tanner in medium/dark; the gradual face tan and the rose skin illuminator. All of which full size, can I just say! As soon as it arrived (two days later, gotta love their services) I instantly applied. After doing the "pre-tan" rituals, of course.

The last time I reviewed a gradual tanner I forgot to take a 'before' image. I didn't forget this time. I took a picture the evening I applied it and waited. The next day nothing happened, so I applied another layer. Big mistake. The colour I applied the previous night was just settling in so when I applied the second layer the areas I accidentally missed out were extremely obvious and streaky. I whipped out my tan remover and all was good.

On the third day I surprised at the colour; it looked very natural and holiday-esque.

Before and after. I always wear my white watch so show the colour.



Any fake tan application is difficult, especially if you haven't done it many times before. Having a colour guide makes it 10 times more easier to control where your putting the product. All of the gradual tanners by St Tropez are clear which is a pain because you don't know where your putting it! However, the good thing about the St Tropez line is that if you go over the same spot twice, it doesn't matter and isn't noticeable. You only start getting issues when you miss out areas! In addition, most people hate the smell of gradual tanners. I am one of those people. The smell initially was nice, but the day after was horrendous. It's been two days since I last applied it and thankfully the fake tan smell has disappeared.

I picked up the medium/dark option even though I'm pale. To be honest, I think if I chose the light/medium option I wouldn't see a difference in colour. Bare that in mind.

So here are my overall thoughts on this product...

Pros:

  • Luxurious moisturiser as well as a tanner
  • Doesn't take that long for colour to show
  • Adapts to skin tone
  • Reasonable price

Cons:
  • Despite getting a 200ml bottle, it seems to go very quickly!
  • After application, it has the fake tan smell
  • Can make your hands go orange if not washed properly afterwards or isn't applied whilst wearing gloves or an applicator
  • No colour guide


I hope this was useful to some!

Suzanna x