10/06/2012

The Body Shop "Eye Definers"




The Body Shop are most famous for their body products. Hence the name. Yet, they do have a rather large make-up section both in their stores and online. I never really knew about their make-up line - I rarely go inside the shops and have never been on their website. That is to say I do use their products, yet they're more of gifts rather than myself actually purchasing them. Either way, I love their products so when I saw that, free with Marie Clare magazine came either two eyeliners or a mascara, I was super thrilled. Being an eyeliner whore I decided to pick up the eyeliners. Plus, mascaras have an expiry date whereas eyeliners don't. Thank goodness!

The "eye definers" as we shall now call them come in two different shades: French Navy and Black. French Navy being a dark blue and black being, well black. Here are a few pictures:




Before swatching, they looked quite promising. However, once swatched they don't look as nice. They are very chalky, especially the blue one. To get a (decent) swatch of colour I had to go over the same spot several times before any colour could be seen. Plus, don't being funny, it hurt my hand! Yet, once warmed up a bit the colour payoff was lovely and the black one in particular was very nice.

Price: £8 each
Available: The Body Shop stores and The Body Shop online

Despite their crappy eye liners definers, I will be trying some of their other beauty products before I declare that the make-up section is totally shit. But for now, I think that The Body Shop should definitely stick to what their best at: body products.

Suzanna xoxo

Ps. First exam is on Tuesday, wish me luck!