25/05/2012

Essie Mint Candy Apple





Mint Candy Apple is undoubtably one of Essie's most popular nail polishes. The number of beauty gurus on YouTube I've seen mention it is crazy! What persuaded me to get it was, in fact, Eshani with her recent "summer nail polish favourites" video - here. The colour is gorgeous, and nothing like I have.

The end result was amazing, and I only needed one coat! However, I did have problems with the application. I had to take it all off and re-apply it as the formula is so runny and extremely hard to work with. After several attempts I managed to get it presentable enough for a photo. It is definitely one of the those polishes you need to take your time with and not rush...which is what I did, unfortunately. Currently, looking at my nails - my left hand is perfect (understandably as I am right-handed) yet my right hand is crap. My impatience when it comes to applying nail polish is unforgivable. This might sound terribly snobby, but I think I'm going to ask my mother politely to do my right hand for me. It just aint happening'. Perhaps it's just the bottle I picked up, or maybe I'm just not used to Essie polishes!

You can buy Essie polishes online and in store from Superdrug and Boots and they cost £7.99 each. Reasonably price when compared to other high-end brands such as OPI (a staggering £11.50) and Debborah Lippman (nearly £20)!

Suzanna xoxo

PS. One again, I'm sorry for the lack of posts! GCSE's are killing me right now.