21/05/2012

L'Oreal Mega Volume Collagene 24hr Mascara




On my recent shopping trip (haul here) I picked up the new L'Oreal Mega Volume Collagene 24hr mascara for £9.99 at Superdrug. The website says that it had a mega brush, a unique "collagen enriched formula" and creates an amplified lash impact.

Have a look for yourself...



The first thing I noticed when applying it, was the crazy length it gave. I have small eyes and I found this a problem for me as it kept touching my eyelid which isn't good. It also deposited a lot of colour there as you can see in the first image. Normally, I go for more thickening mascaras rather than lengthening mascaras; yet I didn't know this before purchasing. I chose the colour Extra Black as I love really black mascaras and you could really tell the difference compared to a regular black mascara. Despite the length being an issue, I love the volume that it gives. My only issue is that I found it clumps a lot. From the first picture, you can see that some of the lashes practically stick together. To overcome this, try using a spoolie - or even a clean mascara wand - to separate the lashes.

Overall, I do think it's worth the £9.99 yet I don't think I would repurchase.

Have a great week!

Suzanna x