29/05/2012

Dove Summer Glow Nourishing Lotion Gradual Tanner














Summer is literally just around the corner which means the weather is drastically starting to heat up. Over the weekend, in London, it was two of the hottest days of the year reaching heights of 30c. This means shorts and t-shirt weather and, unfortunately for me, isn't good. I wouldn't say I'm super-albino pale, but I'm not the tannest (?) of people and I certainly am not the quickest tanner in the world. Which is why I turn to fake tans!

Now because I'm still in school and have got around seven weeks left before I break up for the holidays, I didn't want to get a full-on instant just-been-to-the-Caribbean type tan. It would look just a bit too fake and unrealistic. I was looking around Boots the other day to find the cheapest yet decent gradual tanner I could find. I say cheapest because I am going to try out more and spending over £20 on something I'm not crazy about is just a waste, in my opinion. Anyway, I found the Dove Summer Glow gradual tanner which, on the bottle says it works wonders.

On the bottle is says that the Dove Summer Glow is a "moisturiser with a subtle self-tanner to gradually build a beautiful tan". Great! Moisturising the skin whilst making it look nice and golden.

But, does it actually work?

Yes, I believe it does. For starters, my skin is so much softer from using this product when, previously, I have been using the cocoa body butter from the Body Shop. It also does make me look much brown than I was before. I apply it after I have a shower, everyday, and literally whack it on everywhere rubbing it in circular motions (like suggested).

Tips and advice:

  • Make sure you wash your hands INSTANTLY afterwards. You don't want to wake up with bright orange hands do you!
  • Don't apply much onto your knees or elbows as small fake tan lines will start to appear and that is  not a cute look.
  • Be patient! Wait for it to dry before getting dressed!

Overall, I really like this product and would most definitely re-purchase.

I'm sorry for the lengthly review, but I hope it does help some of you out there. If you would like to buy this product, click here for Boots or here for Superdrug. Boots currently have a 3 for 2 sale on at the moment, so I'd check there first, yet Superdrug have it on discount.

Talk to you soon :)

Suzanna x

UPDATE
I have a new favourite gradual tanner: read about it here!