13/05/2012

Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara

I picked this up yesterday at Boots for around £6 along with an new liquid eyeliner that I'm completely and utterly obsessed with (review will be coming soon!) and some new boring hair stuff. Luckily, they were having one of their 3 for 2 deals that I love and can't stay away from. Anyway, I decided to give the Maybelline Illegal Length mascara a try as I've read some positive reviews about it online and I wanted to see what all the 'hype' was all about.





Sorry for the rubbish picture quality :'(

The length that it gives my lashes is amazing, it's not over the top but it looks really nice and full. Another thing I love about it is the fact it hardly clumps. My old favourite, the Maybelline falsies flared, clumped so much; which is fine for a night out but it doesn't look right during the day in my opinion. This mascara however doesn't clump which is awesome. The brush is a nice, long shape and the point can reach into the lashes in the corner or even the bottom lashes without touching your skin. Personally I've always had a problem with the mascara wand touching my eye, but this one doesn't do that thankfully.

When it comes to mascara, I think that the "drugstore" (Boots and Superdrug) brands are equally as good as the high end brands. You don't keep a mascara forever, so I don't see the point in investing in a £24 mascara! That being said, I am thinking about purchasing the Benefit They're Real mascara as everyone raves about it. If that makes me a hypocrite, then so be it ;)

Suzanna xoxo

Ps. I've got exams this week so my next post will be on Saturday! Wish me luck!