27/01/2014

Benefit Hello Flawless! Oxygen Wow Foundation in Ivory (I'm Pure 4 Sure) Review



It seems as though I have gone on a foundation purchasing spree. First I bought (and have already reviewed) the Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation, then in the same outing I picked up both NARS Sheer Glow and Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow. Today I'll be reviewing the Benefit offering and will most likely follow up with a review of the Sheer Glow.

First and foremost, I huge Benefit fan and I use their face products on an everyday basis - Hoola bronzer is my absolute must have and I am never without a tube of They're Real mascara. So I was excited to try out their first liquid foundation.

And so far I really do like it. The formula is super light-weight - more so than L'Oreal True Match which is very thin in consistency - which makes application so easy as it just blends into the skin. In my opinion the coverage is fairly light, but you can layer it up for a medium coverage and just use a little extra concealer on any imperfections. Hello Flawless evens out the skin and reduces redness all whilst creating a luminous and healthy looking complexion - and thankfully it does not cling to any dry patches, making it the perfect winter/spring foundation. I love to use it with either a Sigma F80 or Real Techniques buffing brush as it gives slightly more coverage, or if I want a light coverage using your fingers or a sponge makes it look super natural.

The foundation does contain an SPF of 25 so I would avoid using it in the evenings in case of major flashback. Also, it is only available in 9 shades - I have mine in the shade Ivory (I'm Pure 4 Sure) and, currently, it is way too light for me.

Overall, I really do recommend this foundation if you're in the market for something that is lightweight, provides light to medium coverage and creates a luminous, light-reflecting glow. I can see this being my go-to foundation during the summer, as well.