19/11/2013

REN Clarity Restoring Mask Review



Ever since I can remember REN skincare has been such a staple brand in my skincare routine. I religiously use the Clarifying Clay Cleanser every morning and evening and have done so for the past six months. When I first bought the cleanser I also picked up Clarity Restoring Mask from the same range and never actually got round to sharing my thoughts.

Marketed as an anti-blemish treatment and targeted at those with problem skin, the mask is said to combat the three key causes of breakouts and blemishes: excess sebum, the build up of dead skin cells and bacteria. It is said to visibly reduce blemishes and leave the skin looking clear, calm and even-toned by lightening the appearance of pigmented scars and reducing pore size and redness.

I've been using this for the past few months, twice a week, and it is really comfortable and refreshing to apply and wear. It isn't like your typical face mask whereby it dries and goes dry. Instead you just leave it on for 15 minutes and it is still the same as when you first applied it. Even though it is like I said more comfortable to wear on the skin, I do prefer masks where I can visibly see it removing dirt and actually clearing the skin. However, after the 15 minuets my skin does feel much cleaner without that "tight" feeling you get after some masks. I cannot comment on whether it lightens the appearance of pigmented scars, yet I do find it does reduce a little redness especially around my nose. The mask definitely does make your skin feel clean and refreshed, but honestly I don't think it has done anything to help with preventing breakouts which is unfortunate. Nevertheless I still enjoy using it and will continue to do so, I just follow it up with my favourite mask which does make a difference to my skin.

So, is it worth the £30? If you're on the hunt for a mask that will cure your blemish prone skin then this isn't for you. But if you are looking for a mask that will thoroughly clean and reduce a little redness, then this REN offering may be what you need. Skincare is tough to recommend so I hope this helped :)