10/11/2013

MAC Divine Night Flair For Finery lipstick and cremesheen lipglass

I was debating whether to post this as I believe both are already sold out on the Mac cosmetics website, but I have just checked other websites such as Debenhams, House of Fraser and Selfridges and they still have some of the products available. Hurry though, as they are limited edition!

By the way, I must start by saying the lipstick swatches on the website for this collection are horrifically wrong. On the website, the lipstick Flair for Finery appears as a medium, rose toned pink which is totally the opposite of what it is. Just make sure you research the shades before you buy online :)

Flair for Finery is the name of both the lipstick and cremesheen glass in the new Mac holiday collection called Divine Night. I would describe both as a light pink-based nude (just think of a hybrid of Creme D'Nude and Creme Cup). Basically, my idea of the perfect lip colour. The lipstick has really good colour payoff and, for a cremesheen formula, lasts a decent amount of time. And the cremesheen glass is really surprisingly pigmented and I absolutely adore the milky pink shade. Together they make a perfect nude lip.

I also love the packaging of the collection with gold accents instead of the regular silver. I'm not really a fan of completely revamped packaging (anyone remember the outrageous Hello Kitty collection?) so the simple addition of gold detailing this year looks really nice. My only criticism is not about the product itself but about the price! As they are limited edition the prices seem to rocket with the lipstick being £16.50 and the cremesheen glass at a crazy £19. Bit annoying, but all is redeemed by the shades.

Definitely check to see if they are still available online and in stores x