26/11/2013

Lush Tea Tree Water Toner Water Review


I am not quite sure as to why I bought this product. I was in the Lush store in Bluewater picking up a new bubblegum lip scrub, saw this on the display and waltzed over to the checkout with it in hand. Tea tree is known for it's antibacterial nature and spot fighting properties. Even though it sounds like a wonder product for me who fights blemishes on a regular occurrence, I have certainly not had the best experience with other products using the same ingredient. Additionally, I have never been one for raving on about using toners in your skincare routine - honestly I have probably only ever tried one toner in my entire life. Evidently that didn't phase me and I bought the smallest 100g bottle to try out.

Without sounding too dramatic, I am so glad I bought this stuff. I normally use a skincare product for at least a couple months before reviewing it, but I have only been using this toner for just over a week and I can already see a difference in my skin. It has really helped clear up those pesky under the surface spots to an extent in which I can wear a tinted moisturiser and be content with how my skin looks. No concealer (except under the eyes, obviously). The ingredient of antiseptic acid has prevented my skin from gaining extra spots whilst also cleaning the skin after cleansing.

To use, I simply spray a little onto a cotton pad and apply it all over my face (avoiding the eye area). It feels super refreshing and gives a slight tingly sensation which, in my opinion, means something is actually happening! If you have active breakouts - ones you have recently aggravated - then it may sting, but not to the extent of pain. It does make the skin appear extremely red afterwards, but after a few minutes it should fade and you'll be left with perfectly clean skin.

After using this product I have realised how much of a necessity toner, in general, is in my skincare routine. Despite double cleansing in the evening, I still manage to remove scraps of makeup with the toner which just shows that cleansing does not clean everything. If you suffer from breakouts and are looking for a toner or a product that may help you out, I totally recommend this Lush tea tree toner.

Like I previously mentioned, as I have only been using it for just over a week, if anything changes or I have noticed anything, I will add to the end of this post. Have a great day and week x