16/09/2013

Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream Review

Was there any point of me trying yet another BB cream? Nothing will compare to my favourite one by Garnier so, theoretically, I'm just waisting time (and money) trying new ones.

But. I was in America and saw this and thought, "oh, Olay are a good skincare brand" and somewhere on the lines of "maybe it's better than the Garnier one!" So I bought it. What a mistake.

I really don't understand what the purpose of this product is. Does it provide any coverage? No, not even remotely. Does it perfect the skin? To be fair, nothing will perfect the skin realistically but still, no. Does it even feel lightweight and actually bearable to wear? No, it felt sticky and irritable. There's no point, except for the "SPF 15" aspect for which I have a proper sunscreen for that.

So are there any positives. Well, the bottle itself is bloody massive (we're taking 20cm here people) which is great for the price. And if you actually like the product. Which I don't, so...

Other than that, I shall be either giving it to my mother who doesn't even care for makeup who will probably love it, or it shall sit nicely in the bin. Final conclusion: nothing beats Garnier!