18/09/2013

Lauren's Way Darker Than Dark Lotion Review, Before and After





Now that summer is over and my tan has officially faded I thought I'd get back into the self tanning routine. Instead of going back to my old favourites, I thought I'd try something new. The Lauren's Way range has been created by Lauren Goodger from Towie. Immediately I thought of "orange" and I know you *probably* are too. I thought I'd give it a go anyway and instead of ordering the full size lotion, I opted for the starter set. 


I done the pre-tanning routine as I'm sure you know if you're reading this. I put a little moisturiser on the dry areas and also on my hands and then applied the tan using the provided mitt in circular motions on my body. The initial colour guard is scary looking - it looks black/green but it's what you want to apply it evenly. It dries really nicely - not too fast yet not slow that it leaves a sticky feeling meaning you have to wait ages before getting dressed. I applied three layers and then went to bed.

In the morning I woke up with the best deep bronze colour. No streaks and perfectly even, despite three layers which I did at 12.30am when I was half asleep. After I washed it off in the morning I was left with the colour below. It a deep brown with olive undertones which makes it really natural looking compared to others with a neutral undertone. And so much darker than I was before. Muy bien!

So far, I've worn it for five days without adding any more layers and it's faded really nicely. I've still got  colour - not as intense as the first few days, obviously - yet still looking like I've been on holiday. 

Any negatives? Yes it does smell like fake tan. Burnt cookies, you know the scent. Yet it's not as strong as any other tans I've tried which is a plus and the smell fades after a day. I don't recommend putting this on your face. It doesn't say you can't but as it's a quite thick lotion, it could possibly clog your pores up. I've fake tanned my face and it wasn't pretty - just use a darker foundation or add lots of bronzer.

I'm really impressed with this product. Definitely don't discard trying it because of the Towie branding, Lauren definitely knows how to create the perfect tan. I've just checked the website and their are so many other variations such as mousses, sprays and different shades to suit everyone.

I think this has become my new favourite self tanner and I have just placed my order for the full size :)