01/09/2013

Maybelline Baby Lips



They have arrived! The Maybelline Baby Lips are probably the most hyped up lip balms ever and I couldn't wait to try them. I picked these up when I was in America as they are much easier to find than where I live - plus the excited got to me when I first saw the stand in Rite Aid.

Out of the six available shades I picked up five of them:

          Hydrate: clear with a lemon scent, SPF 20
          Mint Fresh: clear with a mint scent, SPF 20
          Pink Punch: blue-based pink with a passion fruit scent
          Cherry Me: darker warm pink with a cherry scent
          Peach Kiss: sheer nude with a peach scent

The only one I didn't get was Intense (clear with a cherry almond scent, SPF 20) simply because I didn't want yet another clear one. Plus I'm not too keen on cherry scents!

I really do like these - especially the three coloured ones. As you can see from the swatches, all three have great pigmentation and appear as vibrant on the lips as they go when swatched. For a lip balm it's really impressive. All five smell exactly as described and don't smell at all fake.

And surprisingly, I adore the packaging! It's bold, bright and fun to look at :)


For £2.99 I really do recommend these. Cherry Me, Pink Punch and Peach Kiss are hands down the winners as the colours are to die for - yet the clear ones are great for moisturising the lips. Plus the smells are amazing.

PS. Happy September!