12/09/2013

MAC Creme Cup Lipstick





MAC lipsticks are definitely one of my favourites. I think the different formulas are a great idea and, despite the price tag creeping up every damn year, they are worth the £15 in my opinion. Out of all the ones I own (which let's be honest, are all nude and pink hues), the "cremesheen" formula is by far my favourite. Granted, they don't last as long but the colour pay off is still exceptional and they feel so moisturising compared to say the matte formula. They also give such a lovely glossy finish.

The newest edition to my cremesheen lipsticks is probably the most popular shade (second to Hue, of course). It's the one you're advised to buy when you're just getting into MAC lipsticks - Creme Cup.

It's described as a light, blue tone pink - a hybrid of a muted pink with a nude undertone. Not being a pale, life-less shade makes it suitable for virtually all skin colours. It has a really nice glossy finish, hence why it's a cremesheen formula. I really do like it.


It the perfect everyday lipstick as it's a mix of the popular hues which also makes it perfect all ages and all skin types.

Just looking at my other lipsticks I can definitely see a few drugstore dupes including Wet n Wild Think Pink (click link for swatches) and Maybelline Pink Please. Getting started into MAC lipsticks? Yeah, it's a great colour. Wanting a similar shade and perhaps are looking for a cheaper alternative? Look in the drugstore.

I can't complain though. The quality is great and it's a lovely hue. Have a great day :)