29/09/2013

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Light Infusing Foundation Review







L'Oreal foundations are definitely my favourite. I love their True Match and now after trying the Lumi Magique it has also become another holy grail foundation of mine.

Compared to the True Match, the Lumi Magique is basically the opposite in finish. True Match gives an almost matte finish whilst Lumi Magique gives a satin, and more dewy, finish. And I love it.

Now that the weather is getting colder which results in dry, sallow skin, I prefer wearing foundations with a much lighter formulation that provides a more dewy, fresh appearance. Lumi Magique provides medium, yet very easily buildable, coverage that looks fresh and alive. I definitely agree with the "as if lit-from-within" statement on the bottle. It looks really pretty. It's super blendable, really lightweight and you can easily build it up for more coverage.

This foundation wears really well throughout the day, better than True Match - I apply it at 7am and it's still going strong by the time I finish college at 3pm which is impressive. I sometimes do powder midday but other times I just leave it to wear through - it looks just as good, if not better, by the time I get back home. It's still dewy, but not oily looking and definitely not at all cakey.

However, one thing I don't like is their shade range. It's bad. The Lumi Magique offers 7 shades (compared to 22 in the True Match range, can I mention!) which are really bizarrely labelled - I have shade W3 which is the lightest "warm" undertone shade they offer. Luckily, it's my regular shade in the True Match, yet this could be a problem for others with different undertones. Hopefully they'll expand their range as the product gets more press.

I genuinally think this has become a new favourite foundation of mine. I've been wearing it non stop and it has replaced my True Match in my everyday makeup routine for a few weeks now...