07/07/2013

Empties! #1

It literally took me 5 minutes to find out where the hashtag was on my Mac. And I've had this thing for nearly two years (alt+3 if you're wondering!)

Anyway, I thought I'd started doing empties posts as I go through periods where it seems like I'm finishing everything up. So here are the most recent products I've finished up:



Kerastase Nutritive Nectar Thermique, Blistex Intensive Moisturiser, Rimmel Scandaleyes mascara, Macadama Healing Oil Treatment, Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

Hair products tend to last me age as I don't use much and I don't use them everyday. The Kerastase Nectar Thermique is amazing for people who blow-dry/curl/straighten their hair as it works as a heat protectant. It's a cream product that you apply to damp hair before drying and just works wonders. It tames frizz and flyways, great for humidity and protects against heat. Not repurchased yet.

Another hair product I've finished is the Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment. It's much more lightweight and overall better than Moroccan Oil. Already repurchased.

Rimmel Scandaleyes is one of my fave mascaras. Creates length and volume and you can make it as clumpy as you want (which I love). It's cheap and is available in waterproof as well. Already repurchased.

I've just finished up another tube of Blistex Intensive Moisturiser and, to be honest, I don't like it! "Why another tube then?!" Well it's just really good!! Lemme explain. The texture and consistency and smell is disgusting and feels weird on. But, used overnight, you soon forget and it works wonders at moisturising your lips.

Something I need to repurchase asap is the full size of the Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray (especially because we're in summer!) It works really well for keeping makeup put all day and I think is essential for the warmer months.




MAC Brush Cleanser, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel, Clean & Clear Deep Cleansing Lotion, Garnier Fresh Essentials Eye Make-up Remover, Mario Badescu Control Cream


More boring empties so I'll quickly go through these.

  • MAC Brush Cleanser - a must-have to spot clean your brushes. It works well and dries fairly quickly. It doesn't seem to last long though; I've already been through 3 this year.
  • Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel - review/haul here
  • Mario Badescu Control Cream - one of the best skincare products I've used. This is perfect for controlling redness and breakouts. I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore (I used to buy it off BeautyBay yet it's always out of stock.)
  • Clean & Clear Deep Cleansing Lotion - really good for deep cleaning the skin after cleansing morning and evening. I do however think I've found an even better alternative in the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Miscellar Water!
  • Garnier Fresh Essentials Eye Make-Up Remover - nothing special but does remove most traces of eye make up (tricky on liner though!)

So they're my recent empties! I'll do another one of these once I have accumulated some more interesting products. I think these are a good idea as you can review each product briefly.

Have a great weekend and I hope your enjoying this beaut weather we're having! Xoxo

*This is my last post until July 18th*

Products mentioned:
Kerastase Nutritive Nectar Thermique, buy
Blistex Intensive Moisturiser, buy
Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara, buy
Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment*, buy
Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray, buy
MAC Brush Cleanser, buy
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel*, buy
Mario Badescu Control Cream (can't find online)
Clean & Clear Deep Cleansing Lotion, buy
Garnier Fresh Essentials Eye Make-Up Remover*, buy