10/06/2013

May Beauty Favourites

Happy June 1st! I love this day for many reasons: it's a sign that we're already half way through the year and that summer is approaching, school is nearly over (2 weeks left for me) and it's also my parents wedding anniversary! 29 years today which is so crazy! Anyway...

I only ever do monthly beauty favourites when I actually have favourite products to talk about, normally they're just the same as any other month so I rarely do them, but this month I have a lot of top picks!


Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer, Essie #Tart Deco, Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch, L'oreal True Match #W3, NYX #Sweetheart, Benefit They're Real, MAC Lip Liner #Saunter, MAC #Creme D'Nude


Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer
Best primer hands down! I've only just recently bought this and I'm already in love. Before I was using the Smashbox Photo Finish which was good as a primer but bad for my skin. It broke my out every time I used it so I stopped using primers for a while. On a whim I picked up the Laura Mercier one, in oil free, and I noticed the difference immediately. It contains no silicone which I think is what broke my out before and is so lightweight and refreshing as it's a cream product. I just love it and 100% recommend it to anyone needing a new primer or in the market to try a new one.

Essie #Tart Deco
One of my favourite summer nail polishes, it's such a nice coral colour which looks uh-may-zing with a tan! Boots normally do these on a 3 for 2 offer or something so check them out! I also love Mint Candy Apple which is a bright mint green.

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer
It's the best concealer/highlighter hybrid I've tried. It doesn't crease under the eyes, it covers up dark circles and also acts as a really nice highlighter on the cheekbone. It's super cheap as well (only around £7) and lasts forever. I'm not even half way through mine and I've been using it everyday since I bought it around two months ago. I have shade 2.

L'Oreal True Match Foundation
My favourite foundation of the moment. It's a medium coverage but can be built up for a more full coverage - it's quite thin in consistency meaning it feels lightweight and doesn't cake up. It applies really nicely over the Laura Mercier foundation primer and it's what I've been using everyday - I'm already on my second bottle. They bottle doesn't last that long however but for £10 I don't mind repurchasing. I'm in the shade W3 normally but when I tan I'm a W6, even W7.

NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss #Sweetheart
I love NYX lip glosses - they come in so many shades and are not sticky. Unfortunately they don't have the best staying powder, some are better than others. This month I've been wearing Sweetheart over the top of Creme D'Nude by MAC and it looks so nice. It's a shimmery pink nude shade.

MAC Lipstick #Creme D'Nude
This has been my most used lipstick of the month. Creme D'Nude is a peachy nude shade that is very smooth and has a gloss-like appearance. It's really creamy, hence why it's a cremesheen. For a nude it's really easy to wear, probably the easiest one I have. It's one of my favourite lipsticks ever and I've been particularly using it a lot this month.

MAC Lip Liner #Saunter
I hate putting limited edition products in favourites posts but I do believe you can get this on the House of Fraser website still. It's the perfect nude lipliner which can be used as a lip pencil as it's so opaque. It does cling to fine lines and dry areas so make sure you exfoliate and add loads of lip balm before. I like using this with Myth lipstick (practically the same colour) and then adding a pink gloss over the top like Sweetheart by NYX or even a Rimmel Apocalips lip laquer.

Benefit They're Real! Mascara
I got this with a magazine as a sample and I'm in love! It's marketed as the best mascara and the UK's most popular with 10 being sold every minute or something like that, so I always thought it was fake. So when it came with my favourite magazine as a sample I thought I'd give it a go and I'm so glad I did. It lengths the lashes perfectly and makes them look false, it doesn't give much volume which is what I'm normally used to but I can deal with that as it's so good. I'm really tempted to buy the full size even though it's nearly £20 and they run out so quickly! Ugh decisions...

Anyway they're my favourites, I hope you have a great forthcoming month!

xx