12/04/2013

Naked Basics Palette by Urban Decay

Eyeshadow palettes are great so for many reasons. Travelling, space, saving money and unlimited looks  and options are just a few. As far as brands go, Urban Decay are one of my favourite for eyeshadows. All of the previous Naked palettes are amazing, so when I heard about the release of the Urban Decay Naked Basics I knew I had to get it.

In hindsight, it's kind of boring looking. White, matte, skin-tone colours with a couple dark shades. It's nothing exciting. But so, so useful. And it's surprising how many looks you can make from just six plain eyeshadows!



There are 6 shades in this palette:

- Venus: a soft, frosty off-white
- Foxy: cream bisque matte
- Walk of Shame: light, nude matte
- Naked 2: taupe matte
- Faint: warm, dusty brown matte
- Crave: dark black matte

All of which have great pigmentation and fit the descriptions perfectly. Crave is perfect for using as eyeliner or dragging along the lower lash line. The same with Faint, for a much softer colour along the lower lash time or through the outer v. Venus is the perfect inner corner highlight and Foxy and WOS can be used as base shadows or as a under the brow highlight. Naked 2 is a perfect subtle crease colour (and I think can also be used for the brows if it suits!). All in all, the shades are super versatile and can be used, like the box says, in every look, especially because they are matte.


I also love the size of the palette. It's roughly the size of a £10 note making it super easy for travelling and putting in your bag. The quality as well is really nice, the feel reminds me of NARS compacts - minus the getting dirty part! It also features a huge mirror inside, perfect for on the go.

I feel like I'm advertising this product to death right now! But seriously, it's really worth the money (only £20 can I just add) in my opinion and I know I'll be getting my moneys worth.

Suzanna x