21/09/2012

Kérastase Nutritive Nectar Thermique Nourishing Care




Kérastase Nutritive Nectar Thermique Nourishing Care, 150ml

Buying new haircare products is always fun. I love trying new things out. Yet the products I normally try out are inexpensive so that, if I am not fond of it, I can just toss it and not care. I only ever buy 'high-end' hair products when I know I already like them, such as Moroccan Oil and the Philip Kingsley shampoo and conditioners. So this product was a splurge for me, and the reason why I decided to pick it up was because of an amazing review by Vivianna who has the same hair colour, type and length as me. I needed to try it.

At £16.10, the Kérastase Nutritive Nectar Thermique Nourishing Care isn't the cheapest of products. This is a leave-in treatment that is designed to provide nourishing care for dry to very dry hair. It also has heat-activated thermo-protective ingredients, so is perfect for someone like me who straightens every day. Due to the fact it's target at dry to very dry hair, it provides "supreme shine" from root to tip. The website also claims that "hair feels supple and is protected from mechanical aggressions" - hair straighteners, curlers, hairdryers etc. It also says it "facilitates blow-drying for a smoother and quicker finish".

So in Layman's terms, it makes dry hair soft, shiny whilst protecting it from heat.

...and I love it.

The application process (as seen above) is simple. Wash and condition your hair normally, towel dry, apply the product onto the lengths of the hair and then blow-dry.

I've said it before: I hate products that are leave-in or are applied to damp hair. The only exception I have is the Redken Straight Power Tame 16 and now, this.

As well as smelling gorgeous, it leaves the ends of my hair soft and shiny which is perfect considering I have dry hair. I can't say enough good things about this. Kérastase is a brand that is used in most hairdressers, which I presume is why my hair always looks God-damn amazing when I walk out of the salon. This product just adds to my collection of holy grail must-haves.

If you haven't tried it, you must, and if you have, what do you think?

Suzanna xoxo