14/07/2012

Gold Series ghd Max Styler and the Remington Pearl Wand Review


My friends were a bit confused when I told them I bought a straightener - not a usual conversation topic but my friend Vanisha is a huge beauty fan. I have naturally straight hair so I didn't think I needed to buy one. Yet my hair is extremely thick and no matter how many products I had tried to tame it down, nothing worked. Three months ago, just after I finished some exams, my dad said he'd treat me to a present: I asked for the Gold Series ghd Max Styler. There are three options: mini, classic and max. It's all personal preference really and I wanted the biggest one possible. I ordered it from the website and it came the next day with free delivery. I paid £120 for them but currently they are on sale for £99!

Put in this way, I haven't stopped using them since. I know it's bad to use heat in your hair everyday even if you use heat protectant, but I just love the way it looks. I don't use heat on my hair on the weekend, but I do during the week. The ghds are amazing. It takes roughly 15 minutes to straighten all of my hair. Now that might seem like a lot, but my previous straighteners would take me over half an hour and the results were never as good as they are with the ghds. They help tame down frizz and make your hair feel extremely light weight. Overall, if you have the money to splurge on a new hair styling tool, I would definitely recommend the ghd range. Perfection.

Two weeks ago I got bored of straight hair and just simply wanted a change. Therefore, the next day I went out about bought the Remington Pearl Wand for £24.99 in Boots. I had read some extremely good reviews and thought I would share my own opinion. Being someone who has never owned a curling iron before, I didn't have that high of expectations yet I did know I wanted something that latest and didn't take that long to provide results. This wand is perfect for those who want effortless curls that are really quick to do. It takes around 6 minutes for me to curl all of my hair. It doesn't weigh my hair down and, from my experience, seem to last all day. Definitely worth the money in my opinion.

I thought I would just end the post there, but then I decided to include some of my favourite hair care products. I have done one of these before, but I thought I would show some new favourites of mine!


Best heat protectant: TRESemmé Heat Defence
Best frizz controler: Moroccanoil
Best hairspray: LO'real Elnett and Wella Shockwaves (not pictured)
Best straightening serum: Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum

Xoxo