02/05/2012

Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder





Urban Decay are one of my absolute favourite makeup brands and when I found out they had a powder (yes, I'm late on the bandwagon here) I knew I had to try it.

The De-Slick Mattifying Powder claims that "the lavender shade applies invisibly" to blot oil and keep shine at bay. In addition, it says that it's translucent, meaning that it works with every skin tone. I've always had a problem with translucent powders: they always leave a slight white-cast to the face! This is why I normally go for coloured powders (such as the MAC one review here). Yet, because Urban Decay are one of my favourite brands and despite the several negative reviews I'd read on the product, I thought I would give it a try. I was hesitant to pay the £22, but in the end I resisted. Damn.

I applied it with my Real Techniques powder brush and it instantly removed the shine I had on my face. The best part is that you can't see it! It actually is translucent. It wouldn't bother me if it did leave a white residue (because I'm as white as paper) but it's nice that Urban Decay doesn't lie. And is great for those with darker skin tones. You can kind of see it in the photo, but the powder comes with a lovely powder puff which can be used for touch ups throughout the day. It doesn't pick up too much product which is a good thing as you don't get that "over-powdered" feeling! I definitely recommend this for those with combination/oily skin!

The packaging is gorgeous which is a bonus :)

Suzanna xoxo

Ps. I'm going on a mini weekend break tomorrow, so my next post will be on Monday. Have a great rest of the week, weekend and bank holiday!