07/05/2012

24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion by Urban Decay

Yes, another Urban Decay product review. Sorry!



Eyeliners are my favourite makeup product and with Urban Decay being one of my favourite brands, I thought I'd give their re-vamped black shade Perversion a try. I got mine from House of Fraser (where I buy pretty much all of my high-end makeup from) for £13.

To me, that's pretty expensive for an eyeliner, but I decided to buy it anyway...

Urban Decay claims that it is "creamy and brilliant been waterproof" - that doesn't make sense, but they do say its waterproof. I agree that is is creamy but I wouldn't say that it's waterproof. The online description also goes onto say that it "dries down to a long-lasting finish that will not budge". I do agree with the whole 24/7 concept behind the product.

When swatched, it looks really vibrant and pigmented. Note: I did try and take a picture but the footage crashed and it looked blurry and crappy. Google other images. Anyway, the swatch looks really pigmented and black. I had high hopes. When I applied it - to my waterline mind you - it didn't come across as vibrant and pigmented as it did when swatched. Perhaps it's because you're meant to put it on your lash line or maybe it just doesn't work with me. It's a shame really. I'm going to try it on my upper lash line and I'll let you know what I think. In addition, I love the range of colours on offer. From neutrals such as black, brown and white to metallics such as silver and tropical hues including blue, green and yellow, their is definitely a shade for everyone. I don't think, however, the quality justifies the hefty price tag. I've just looked and it's nearly $20 in American which is insane. I will probably try out a few more shades as I love the feel of them and they apply really nicely.

What are your thoughts and opinions on the 24/7 liners?

Suzanna xoxo

Ps. I just got back from my mini-weekend break. I went with my friend Grace and her family to the New Forest (the south of England, right on the beach) and it was such a fun trip. I did take loads of photos and had some funny and interesting experiences that I might do a separate blog post on if you're interested. Let's just say we explored a legit haunted house...on our own...at night...in the middle of nowhere. It was fun! More blog posts are coming soon :)