16/02/2012

Top 5 Eyeliners For Your Waterline

Different eyeliners work for different people. Your friends absolute must-have might not necessarily work for you and vice versa. It takes a long time to find the perfect eyeliner that suits your specific needs, whether it be tight lining, for your waterline, lower or upper lash line etc. 

Today I'm going to talk about my top five favourite - black - eyeliners that are waterline safe. Please remember that these are just suggestions for you to try, not everything works for everyone. 

*These are in no specific order*


1. MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder
Described as an "intense black", for me this eyeliner has a slight green tint to it. Despite this, it's one of my all time favourites for the waterline. It's too draggy for the upper lash line however it's the perfect consistency for the waterline. It's creamy but not so that it smudges once applied.


-

2. MAC Kohl Power in Feline
Another MAC eyeliner! As a cult favourite, this eyeliner is commonly compared to Smolder yet they are different. Feline is much more creamy and more black that Smolder. I find that this one lasts slightly longer than Smolder but does take longer to settle. If it's used on the upper lash line I wouldn't recommend closing your eyes fully to prevent smudges. However, it's a great eyeliner.



-

3. Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero and Perversion
Zero is decried as black whereas Perversion is described as the blackest black. It's all down to personal preference when it comes to the UD eyeliners. Personally, I find the Zero more natural (well, for black eyeliner anyway) and less harsh especially for day time. Switch to Perversion if going out as it is much more vivid and in-your-face. They are both great, and last for about 6 hours (on me).

-

4. Chantecaille Kohl Pencil in Black
This is probably the most expensive eye-liner in the world (slight exaggeration? maybe), yet it is amazing. If you want to define your eyes with a creamy, rich black colour then definitely choose this. Chantecaille are known for their luxurious products and their eye kohl's are no exception. They are available in many colours, but the black is my favourite.


-


5. Rimmel London Soft Kohl in Black
For a drugstore/high-street product, this eyeliner is brilliant. It doesn't drag, doesn't smudge and doesn't leave those annoying lines on your eyelids after application like some eyeliners do. I use this probably more than my high-end eyeliners simply because if it runs out, then I can repurchase without making a huge dent in my wallet. It's around £7 in Boots and compared to the £32 Chantecaille and the £14.50 MAC eyeliners, it's worth it. 


----

I hoped this helped! Leave me a comment and don't forget to follow my blog!

Suzanna
XOXO