23/12/2013

Winter Lip Care


I love the winter season. Wearing thick wooly jumpers with a hundred layers, the white hot chocolates at Starbucks in the classic red cups, opening the advent calendar every morning and all the prep leading up to the big day. One thing I don't like, however, is the weather. The cold seriously takes it's toll on my skin during the December month whereby no amount of moisturiser or specially formulated moisture-increasing treatment will keep my skin hydrated. And with someone who generally deals with combination skin, it is a little disconcerting! For skin, I use Hydraluron followed by Clinique Dramatically Different moisturising lotion and Garnier moisture renew. For lips, I have several favourite products that work absolute wonders during the winter.

Lip scrubs are a must in the winter to get rid of all the nasty dead skin cells collected. Afterwards your lips feel so much softer and make any further lipstick application appear more even and, well, nicer. My favourite for the job is by Lush and tastes like strawberry candy. I have a few favourite lip treatments. During the day I love to apply the Nivea Lip Butter in caramel cream as it just tastes so nice. I also carry around the original Carmex and for a little bit of colour I adore the vast selection of Baby Lips by Maybelline. For a lip balm they are fairly pigmented and give a wash of colour. Pictured is my favourite out of the punch, pink punch. During the evenings and before I go to bed, I always apply a thick layer of Blistex Intense Moisturiser. I have to be honest here; it tastes really bad - almost clinical, if you know what I mean - and feels slightly weird on. However, it is possibly the most hydrating and moisturising lip treatment I have tried and works wonders over night. It does leave a white cast to the lips as it is so thick, so I wouldn't suggest wearing this during the day! 

So there we have it. This will probably be my last post before Christmas so I hope you all have a wonderful day. I can't wait to stay inside, watch Christmassy films and eat loads of yummy foods. Enjoy your day, stay safe and merry Christmas! :)