18/10/2013

Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer Review



I think primers are a must have - regardless of what skin type you have. There is a primer for literally every skin need. I saw this Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer in Boots and, as I was in need of a new primer, I thought I'd try it. It was only around £6.99 and definitely beats spending £28 on the Laura Mercier one.

The product has a lot of positive claims. It says it smoothes, resurfaces, brightens, mattifies and protects the skin. A primer that mattifies yet also brightens is definitely a key unique selling point for girls with combination or oily skin. I had high hopes. And so far, I do like it. It does seem to keep my makeup in place for the same duration as the LM one, and does noticeably mattify the skin. It doesn't seem to brighten the skin however which is a disappointment. As for the smoothing and resurfacing, I think that's a load of rubbish - this primer isn't a miracle worker. But it does have some redeeming attributes such as the longevity is gives. It is a scented product so may cause some irritation if you are sensitive to fragranced products.

I do believe that you pay for quality and it is noticeable that the Laura Mercier is a better primer than this one. However it cannot be dismissed that, for the price of £6.99, this primer does the job well. Definitely give it a try!