12/02/2014

Holy grail skin products



Introducing my most repurchased skin/body items. Definitely a signal of holy grail status.

First up is a vanilla body butter from The Body Shop. Despite loving the strawberry and shea butter versions, I seem to always have the vanilla one in my stash. I adore the scent, it is luxuriously thick in consistency, it melts into the skin instantly and makes the skin so bloody soft.

Tea tree water by bath-bomb mavericks Lush is a holy grail skincare product of mine. It is classified as a toner and is targeted towards oily or blemish prone skin. I am the latter and I can 100% vouch for this product and claim it has helped clear and improve my skin. I spritz a little onto a cotton pad each morning and evening and it is incredibly cooling and refreshing, does not leave any tacky residue and most importantly it does not irritate or break me out. Hallelujah!

Lastly is a rather pricy moisturiser in the form of Clinique moisture surge. This little pot of goodness is perfect at hydrating dry skin. On the average day I would say I have combination skin - by midday my t-zone gets a little shiny with the rest of my face staying relatively matte. Recently, however, my skin has done a complete u-turn and has become incredibly dry and flakey (not easy to work with!) and this moisturiser has helped so much. I am going through these like there is no tomorrow, but I am partial to slather layers on before bed which is not cost effective. I blame the English weather.

I am definitely getting better at making my reviews more concise and less rambly. After all, I prefer short and to the point reviews. Have a great week - and I hope everyone effected by the flooding is safe.