15/11/2013

Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara Review


Brows are one of those features that complete any look. I use charcoal brown eyeshadow by Mac on an everyday basis as it's the perfect shade for dark brown hair and I set it with a clear brow gel also by Mac. I have never tried a coloured brow gel before so I thought I'd try the new Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara - it comes in three shades, I went for the darkest which is dark brown.

And I'm afraid to report there isn't a single aspect I can rave about for this product.

First of all the wand is a ridiculous shape. The majority of people have thicker eyebrows that lead into a thinner tail, right? Yet the bizarre circular wand tip of this mascara certainly is not suitable for this. As it is a dark colour - it really is hard to cover all the hairs, especially on the thinner areas, without getting it all on the skin! Regardless of the colour, I just don't think that it's a good brow mascara in general. Granted the majority of gels do make the eyebrows feel "crispy", but none are as a extreme as this. It seems to take a while to dry and the colour seems easily transferable if you don't wait for it to set.

I can most definitely see where Maybelline are coming from in terms of design with this product, but I just think the practicality of the wand just isn't there. All in all, I think I shall be sticking to my trusty clear Mac brow gel in the future. If you are interested in trying this, it costs £4.99 x x x