04/09/2013

Wet n Wild Mega Last Lipsticks Review

Ages ago I was read a blogpost by Fleur where she raved about these so called lipsticks only available the states. Thankfully I rediscovered said post before going on holiday and noted down the name.

They are the Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Colors. They come in an array of colours and I'm really happy with the four I chose.

        Bare It All: a medium nude/beige
        Stoplight Red: bright, blue based red
        Think Pink: light, pink toned nude
        Dollhouse Pink: bright (almost neon!), blue based pink

As far as pigmentation they are definitely one of the most pigmented lip products I've tried. Using a lip brush can help create a more sheer finish compared to applying it from the tube. They are easy to apply and work with and, like I just said, a lip brush can also help apply the darker colours (the reds) more precisely. One complaint: they are fairly drying. And the packaging is awful. I won't rant too much about the packaging however as they are under $2, but the texture does feel drying on. A little lip balm before helps and also topping it off with a (clear) lipgloss after.

From the colours I can also see many MAC dupes.

        Bare It All is similar to Honeylove
        Stoplight Red is similar to Red
        Think Pink is similar to Shy Girl
        Dollhouse Pink is similar to Pink Nouveau






My favourite shade has to be Think Pink as it's super wearable and the perfect mix of nude and pink. It paired with Creme D'Nude over the top and this lipgloss in Snow Pink has been my go-to this month.

Next time I'm in the states I'll definitely pick up some more shades as they are just great in everyway. I'm jealous of you Americans, $1.99 is unfair! (Happy September, by the way).