21/06/2013

REN Clearcalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser Review


REN Clearcalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser

To be honest with you I find skincare, and the whole process day and night, boring. Recently I have become so lazy when it comes to looking after my skin that I've just been relying on makeup covering all the problems on my face. Yet I noticed that, however much makeup I applyed, the imperfections still were showing through so I knew action had to be taken.

REN are a popular skincare brand in the blogosphere and I knew I had to try some of their products (see what else I bought here). I knew they wouldn't instantly perfect my skin but with any new product, it takes a while for them to adjust and work their magic! After many reviews and a mention by the super-skincare-savvy Caroline Hirons, the REN Clearcalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser was the first item I added to my basket when browsing the REN online website.

It is a clay based cleanser that feels like a clay mask - same texture, yet slightly lighter.

Caroline mentioned that, to tackle blemishes, gel based cleansers are a no-no, even though most blemish targeted skincare products are made of it, so a clay based cleanser like this one is best. And I agree. After using this cleanser my skin definitely feels and looks visually much cleaner, more than any other gel-based cleansers I've used. I do feel like this product has helped keep blemishes at bay and has definitely become a staple product for me. 

My only complaint is the horrendous smell. I'm not a fan with the scent and that's the same with all the other REN products I've tried. I can live with it of course but still, ew.

I highly recommend this to anyone who suffers from breakouts, congested skin or just wants a cleanser that thoroughly cleans the skin. 

You can buy this from REN for £18! Xoxo

Disclaimer: I always test out new skincare products 3-4 weeks before reviewing to give them a fair trial. Also please be aware that a product I may rave about might not work exactly the same for you so please take my reviews (especially skincare) with 'a pinch of salt' as they say  and just remember that different products work for different people!