10/02/2012

Tried & Tested: TRESemmé Salon Sleek Smooth Memory Straightening Spray

(***I'll be adding pictures soon! The ones I used originally were stock photos and looked horrible so I'll be doing my own shortly!!!***)


Wow, that is a mouthful.

This is going to be a review on the TRESemmé Salon Sleek Smooth Memory Straightening Spray. (I'm going to call it the straightening spray just to save time)

TRESemmé claim that:

"Salon Sleek Smooth Memory Frizz Controller Spraightening Spray contains Argan Oil from Morocco known for its nourishing and smoothing benefits. Use with heat appliances to train hair to become straighter, smoother and less frizzy over time."

So basically, they say that this product is the bees knees. But is it really that good?

Yes, it is. I purchased this from Boots around three weeks ago when I ran out of my Bed Head serum (which is uh-may-zing I hasten to add). To be completely honest with you, I picked this up expecting it to be mediocre. But how wrong was I? This product does exactly what it says, however I find the staying power of the product more on the bad side of the scale. After washing my hair, before I blow-dry, I spritz this all over and then dry it. After about 15 minutes, I have no frizz what-so-ever and my hair feels incredibly soft and hydrated. However, even if I straighten my hair afterwards, the spray doesn't keep it straight. I don't really see this as a "straightening spray" I see it more as a "control frizz and make your hair super soft" kind of spray. Being said, there's nothing wrong with that. I have other serums (which I'll mention in another post) that keep my hair straight. After all, I didn't expect this to be as good as it claims - it was only £4.99. I must add that, from personal experience, this product is much more effective is used alongside other TRESemmé products such as the shampoo and conditioner. I used it once using Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner and the results weren't as good.

Well, I hope this was helpful. I'll be doing a fashion type blog next which is fun.

-----

I've just ordered from Feel Unique the hyped up Moroccan Oil which I am super excited to try out - I'll definitely do a fair review after I've tried it out several times. If you would like, I could compared several hair treatments? 
Leave a reply if you'd like that!

Hope you enjoyed this,

Suzanna
XOXO