02/01/2014

Benefit Ultra Plush Lip Gloss in A-Lister Review




HAPPY NEW YEAR! May 2014 be the best year yet!

Benefit are definitely becoming one of my favourite brands. The packaging of each item is always fun and I adore their products just as much. I have tried their foundations, mascaras, blushers and Hoola bronzer is my absolute must have and love and use them all religiously. Surprisingly I have never tried any Benefit lip products, so I thought I would start my journey with a lipgloss - 'cause a girl can never enough...

The colour I opted for is called "A Lister" and is a part of the Ultra Plush Lipgloss collection. The range features six shades: Lollipop (a bright) hot pink, Kiss You (a deep fuchsia), Icebreaker (clear), Fauxmance (soft berry red), A Lister (bubblegum pink) and Poutrageous! (a bright pink/coral). First of all, I love the names! And secondly, I love the product. The one I have, A Lister, is described as a bubblegum pink and is most definitely that. The shade is an opaque light pink and, for a lipgloss, is surprisingly pigmented. What I love the most is that it isn't at all sticky. On it's own I find it lasts around 2-3 hours before I feel the need to reapply. I also enjoy layering it on top of a boring nude lipstick as it seems to bring it to life and give it a pink glossy finish. Overall, I am super impressed with these and I think I will be picking up some other shades. They cost £14.50 each, which, I have to be honest, is a little expensive for a lipgloss, but as you can see from the photo above, you do get a lot of product and you only need a little bit for a great colour payoff. I do recommend :)