06/12/2013

November Beauty Favourites

A slightly late monthly favourites, but it's better late than never, right?

Starting of with the beauty favourites, I have been using the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot powder every single day. I purchased it a while back but found it way too matte. But now, paired with a light reflecting foundation, it keeps oils at bay for the majority of the day and I really do like it. As drugstore powders go, it is definitely one of my favourites. On my eyes I have been lining my waterline using Facinating Eye Kohl by Mac. It is basically just a white eyeliner, but it lasts all day and really opens up the eyes giving a more awake appearance. Rubenesque paint pot also by Mac is another favourite this month. On skin with a slight tan, the bronze undertones accentuate the colour and just looks amazing. Paint pots act as a great base by increasing the longevity of eyeshadows. 

Ever since I bought the Flair for Finery cremesheen lipglass I have been using it religiously on top of one of my favourite lipsticks, Angel. Both by Mac, both super wearable. Together they make the perfect pink based nude lip combination.

The primer I have been using everyday has been the L'Oreal Lumi Magique pure light primer which has become undoubtably my favourite primer to date. It is incredibly lightweight, feels amazing on the skin and literally brings the skin to life by creating a light reflecting radiance. I love pairing the primer with a matte foundation as it completely transforms the look - read this! It is just as good as the Laura Mercier offering.

My two skincare favourites this month have been Hydraluron (no surprise there) and a rediscovery in the La Roche Effaclar Mat moisturiser. I have dedicated a whole blog post on why I adore Hydraluron and why I think everyone should own it, so check that out. The La Roche Posay Effeclar Mat offering is a product I purchased a long time ago but when I first tried it, I was not a fan. Fast forward several months and I really do believe this helps control oils throughout the day and reduces sebum production - I only use this on my t-zone and use my Clinique moisturiser all over the face. I've really been enjoying pairing them together.

So there we have it. Normally in my monthly favourites post I include music, fashion and general favourites, yet it is already the 6th of December and I have other things to post. My December favourites will be jam packed though...